The 2013 Mt. Bachelor Spring Carnival
Mt. Bachelor, Oregon
March 24-28, 2013
Not sure what to do this spring break? Tired of partying with bros in Rockstar tank tops on the beach? Want to actually get some skiing and riding in? From the committee that brought you the All Cal, comes Spring Carnival! A 4 day spring break skiing and snowboarding trip to Mt. Bachelor!
Mt. Bachelor is located in Bend, Oregon and is the 2nd largest single-mountain resort in the U.S. with 3,683 skiable acres! In addition, to its natural, volcanic terrain it is notorious for its epic powder days in MARCH!
This may not be the All Cal with organized competitions, but we still have plenty of events:
- Private tubing session at the base of Mt. Bachelor
- Movie hot-tubbing party at Seventh Mountain Resort. The hot tubs and pools at Seventh Mountain are massive with a fireplace and (more importantly) a bar close by. We’ll set up a massive projector at the pools for a movie and have a raging pool party.
- Disco ice skating at Seventh Mountain Resort. Right next to the pools is an ice rink complete with lights and a disco ball, so bring your disco attire and skate the night away.
- Private Deschutes Brewery Tour. Deschutes is one of the top 5 craft brews in the U.S. Even if you don’t drink or are that interested in the art of brewing, it is a spectacle to see! You also don’t have to be 21+ to take the tour.
- The Bend Ale Trail. Bend is home to 13 (and counting) breweries. The Ale Trail is a challenge to visit 9 of these breweries and get a special stamp at each brewery. Completion of the Ale Trail wins you a prize from the Oregon Visitor’s Center! In addition, these breweries are brew pubs, so you don’t have to be 21 and older to get in!
Since Mt. Bachelor is so close we’ll be road tripping up in car pools! It’s ~8 hours from the Nor Cal schools and ~14 from the So Cal schools. Organize a car pool, caravan up in groups, and if you’re coming from So Cal, make it an extended road trip and visit your snow club brethren in Nor Cal for a night! Just remember, in Oregon there’s no self-service at gas stations so not all gas stations stay open late (you don’t want to have to drive back to Cali or get stuck in the middle of the road like we did).
So what do you get for your money?
- 4 nights of lodging at Seventh Mountain Resort
- 4 day lift tickets
- Private tubing at the base of Mt. Bacehlor
- Hot Tub party with a movie
- Disco Ice Skating
- Deschutes Brewery Tour
- Bend Ale Trail
All for the low price of $355
4 day lift tickets, alone at other resorts costs more than this trip (Big Sky is $375, Steamboat is $396, and Park City is $376)! So get ready for some goggle tans. We’ve left our mark in the Midwest, let’s remind Oregon how the California snow clubs get down! It’s time for some sun tans and tall cans!